THIS JOURNAL WILL "TELL IT LIKE IT IS" REGARDING DIFFERENT FORMS OF ENERGY AND THEIR GLOBAL IMPLICATIONS/PROBLEMS

JAPAN’S GOVERNMENT STILL “FROZEN INTO INACTION” ABOUT CONTAMINATED FOOD »« NRC TASK FORCE 90-DAY REPORT / GUIDELINES FOR US NUKE INDUSTRY DUE SOON

JAPAN’S CENTRAL GOVT. SEEMS “FROZEN INTO INACTION” IN THE FACE OF THE ENEMY

16 Jul 2011

WHAT’S THE “BEEF” ??(American expresion for: what is the complaint?).  More than four(4) months after the Fukushima Tragedy, Japan’s Central Government has not yet set-up a system to check food for radiation; Instead, they “Pass the Buck” to testing carried out by Prefectures and Municipalities. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government said that one beef sample tested at 650 becquerels(Bq) per kilogram (kg), exceeding the maximum limit of 500 Bq per kg. The radioactive Isotope Cesium was found in large quantity in the hay-feed given to the cattle.  Cesium has an affinity for calcium, hence it goes for the bones; and there, begins to change the human DNA to produce cancers of several sorts. NOT A GOOD THING!  YOU CAN’T SEE IT, YOU CAN’T SMELL IT… AND YOU CAN’T COOK IT OUT EITHER!

A THIRD SHIPMENT OF RADIOACTIVE BEEF has been reported since last weekend, unfortunately, officials believe much of it has already been consumed. It is as though the Central Government has abdicated its responsibilities to Japan as a whole. IN THE LATEST SUCH INCIDENT, A cattle farm in the town of Minamisoma (just outside the 20 kilometer no-go zone placed around the Fukushima nuclear plant), was found to have shipped meat from cows fed with straw containing 75,000 Bq of cesium per kg.

WORSE YET, The Central government has sought to assure the public that there is no immediate health threat from eating “standard servings” of the beef.  Those who say so, are either “lying through their teeth” to protect their nonchalance, or incredibly ignorant;  SO, THEY DO NOTHING! to protect the people of Japan. AS WE SAY IN TEXAS: WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW, COWBOY!  For now, officials are also calling it an isolated incident, while vowing to increase inspections of food in wake of the country’s nuclear crisis.  WE’LL SEE!

RADIATION DOSIMETERS (GEIGER COUNTERS) ARE A “HOT” COMMODITY.  Not surprisingly: “It was a wave of panic buying,” Huang said…it was absolutely a seller’s market,” with some manufacturers selling out a year’s worth of inventory in a week through March and April.. we have since restocked supplies”;  PROBLEM IS: Most of the dosimeters on the market now are questionably accurate, and tend to break-own often. Contaminated products including spinach, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, tea, milk, plums beef, and fish with cesium-137, and iodine radioactive Isotopes as far as 360 kilometers from Fukushima Dai No. 1 Nuclear station. Unfortunately, it is clear radioactivity has entered the food chain over much of the Japanese mainland.

FORTUNATELY, Japan’s “Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology” has handed out 1,700 dosimeters made by Tokyo-based Fuji Electric Co. to kindergartens, elementary and middle schools since April.  We say fortunately because dosimeters are not inexpensive: somewhere betweent $200 and $800 ea.  Japanese people prefer those made elsewhere in the world: “The Russian and Ukrainian-made dosimeters sell out in a flash.”

MEANWHILE AT FUKUSHIMA DAI NO.1, Nuke plant, 15 Jul 2011  The Asahi Shimbun newspaper reports that a contaminated water filtration system was temporarily shut-down after a pipe junction snapped. About 1.3 gallons of radioactive water leaked following the break last 13 Jul 2011(Wednesday). TEPCO said repairing the break will require human intervention, but the high radiation levels of 100-150 millisieverts per hour in the surrounding area make it very difficult to get to the system and, it was unclear when the repairs would be completed.  This is bad news!

One has to feel compassion for the Japanese people these days. A weak, in-cohesive, irresolute Central government, contaminated food, soil, and water(in some areas).  Even Mother Nature continues to “rattle” the country with 5+ magnitude quakes all too frequently still.  It is no wonder there are reports of many young women and children leaving Japan to go to Okinawa. Fortunately for those folks, they are very welcome there, although for how long that will continue remains to be seen.  In most such cases, the husbands found it necessary to remain in Japan to earn a living,  thus adding  family separation to their daily stresses.

Gonzedo

July 16, 2011 at 1:50 AM
11 comments »
  • August 16, 2011 at 5:30 PMAnonymous

needed to make this tiny remark to say “thanks a lot” once again for the stunning views you’ve provided in this case. It is generous of you to allow free of cost what many people would have supplied for an e-book, to help with making some dough on their own. I’m certain there are a lot more pleasurable reading in the future for individuals who discover your website.

• August 25, 2011 at 7:56 AMAnonymous

I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for first-time blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

REPLY: IT IS HARD TO GIVE ADVICE TO PERSON(S) WHO BLOG MAINLY TO MARKET GOODS, OR SERVICES, BECAUSE I AM NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY. THAT IS WHAT MAKES MY BLOG DIFFERENT.

UNFORTUNATELY, MOST OF THE BLOGGERS WHO SEND COMMENTS ARE WAY-OFF TOPIC, AND ONLY WISH TO HAVE US DISPLAY THEIR BUSINESS URL TO ATTRACT BUSINESS. WE DO NOT WISH TO BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD FOR “BLOGGERS’ INVOLVED IN SUSPICIOUSLY ILLEGAL, AND EVEN IMMORAL ACTIVITIES.

ANOTHER GREAT MANY BLOGGERS WHO SEND COMMENTS ARE JUST “SOFTWARE PEDDLERS’ WHO CLAIM THEIR SOFTWARE “PLUGINS” WILL PRODUCE A VERY GOOD INCOME. PERSISTENT DUDES! SURELY THEY COULD SEE WE ARE NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY, IF THEY BOTHERED TO READ MY ARTICLES.

NOW THEN, FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO BE “TRUE BLOGGERS”- THOSE WISHING TO INFLUENCE PUBLIC OPINION, I SAY: READ – READ A LOT, ABOUT CURRENT NEWS; THEN PICK A TOPIC OF INTEREST, RESEARCH THE SUBJECT, ANALYZE THE CONTENT, AND WRITE YOUR “TAKE” COMMENT(S) ON THE ARTICLE. NOTICE THAT MY MANTRA IS: “TELL IT LIKE IT IS”, AND HOPE YOU ARE CONVINCINGLY/PERSUASIVELY CORRECT. ONE VIRTUE THAT CANNOT BE TOUGHT ARE WRITING SKILLS. THESE MUST BE LEARNED ON YOUR OWN. EVERY WRITTER HAS HIS OWN STYLE, AND THAT IS GOOD.
    gonzedo

• September 13, 2011 at 2:57 PMjapan style

Heya, I’m here for the first time. I found this board truly useful. it helped me out much, and I hope to give something back, and help others like you helped me.

• September 14, 2011 at 4:50 AMwklady

Fantastic goods from you man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific site.

• September 26, 2011 at 5:47 PMnord ceram

I certainly believe what you are saying. I’l l tell you… it annoys me that the people anywhere, should have to worry about that which they just do not know about. You hit the nail on the head, and outlined the whole problem without abrasIveness. People can get the message. Thanks.

REPLY:THANK YOU FOR FOR YOUR “ON POINT” COMMENT.
    gonzedo

• October 4, 2011 at 3:19 PMAmelia

Always the best content from these prodigious wirters.

• October 4, 2011 at 6:13 PMschody

Just a note to say: ‘thanks a lot” again for the fantastic revelations yoy have published here. It has been generously open-handed of you give freely what many individuals would’ve sold as an ebook to make some bucks. The ideas you have presented have shown me that ther are other people with a passion much like my own rewarding this issue. I know many will find pleasure in the future reading your blog.

REPLY: THANK YOU SCHODY, FOR YOUR KIND REMARKS. PLEASE FORGIVE MY TAKING LITERARY LICENCE WITH YOUR COMMENTS. REGRETABLY, TRANSLATION TOOLS STILL LEAVE A GREAT DEAL TO BE DESIRED. I TRUST I HAVE UNDERSTOOD AND SYNTHESIZED YOUR REMARKS, BUT STAND TO BE CORRECTED.
    gonzedo

• October 4, 2011 at 6:16 PMJalia

Thanks for sharing. What a pleasure to read!

• October 5, 2011 at 8:47 AMschody

Just want to say your article is amazing. The clearness in your post is simply great, and I can only assume you’re an expert on this subject. I will grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million, and please continue the excellent work.

• October 7, 2011 at 12:25 PMokucia

Heya, I’m here for the first time. I found this board truly useful.; it helped me much. I hope to give something back, and aid others like you aided me.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks